In order to promote a positive image of the Smash Bros. community, I decided to organize a collaboration which highlights the good of the community. The project is simply called “We Love Smash”.It’s accepting a wide range of submissions from the community. Here’s the tentative posting schedule:
February 12th – Write-up Feature
February 13th – Art Feature
February 14th – Video Feature
All entries must be submitted by February 5th 12:00 AM EST.
NOTE: Due to the scale of the project, we will not answer individual questions if your piece had been accepted or not. Therefore, it’s VERY important that you follow all of these guidelines.
Also, try to be original.
We are trying to highlight a lot of different reasons why people love Smash. Click the read more tag for the full submission guidelines.
YouTuber and Smash fanatic, RelaxAlax has agreed to help compile the video.The video will be about 2-3 minutes long. It will be a series of recorded clips of people stating (very briefly) why the love Smash. This video will be uploaded to the Source Gaming YouTube channel.
Please follow the following guidelines when submitting a video:
- No background music.
- The video must be under 10 seconds long (shorter is better).
- Begin with, “I love Smash because….”
- Keep your reasons PG. Swearing or inappropriate content will not be included.
- Upload the video to YouTube.
- Add your SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the description.
Source Gaming will post your original art for this collaboration.
If you would like to submit your art, please follow the following guidelines.
- You must own your art 100%. Original pieces only. No exceptions.
- Please upload it to DeviantArt.
- Keep the art PG. Inappropriate content will not be included.
- Add SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the description.
Source Gaming will also post write-ups for this collaboration.
Please follow the following guidelines when submitting a written piece.
- Your post must be original. No exceptions.
- Use spell check. Read for grammar. We will not be editing anyone’s work. So, if your work is sloppy, it might not be included.
- Keep it short. 1-2 paragraphs at most.
- Include links/ sources when applicable.
- Post your writeup to PasteBin (with your handle included).
- Add SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the ending.
…That’s it! I look forward to everyone’s involvement and learning why we love Smash.
Use #WeLoveSmash on Twitter to Tweet about it!
Follow Source Gaming on Twitter to stay up to date with this project. The Source Gaming Twitter account will also RT tweets featuring the “#WeLoveSmash” tag.