Today is Kirby’s 25th birthday! But how was our beloved puffball created? Let’s find out in this new Game & Fact about Masahiro’s Sakurai first game project.
Kirby’s original name, Popopo, followed the same style as Dedede and Pupupu Land of having 3 sounds repeating.
- Kirby’s Adventure – 1993 Developer Interview
- GameInformer – Miyamoto Talks Wii U, Zelda, And Nintendo’s Past
- WarioWare D.I.Y. – Masahiro Sakurai made it too
- UPDATE: Kirby as placeholder & Miyamoto’s suggestion for yellow Kirby – Eurogamer
Follow Cart Boy, Wolfman_J and PushDustIn:
Additional Translation by:
Recording, Video, Facts, Intro and Graphics by:
Follow everyone on Twitter!
Latest posts by Nirbion (see all)
- Straight from the Source: Bruno Laverny (CCCP, Dead in Vinland) - September 17, 2017
- Straight from the Source: Image & Form Games (Steamworld Dig 2) - August 30, 2017
- GamesCom 2017 Impressions: Bandai Namco - August 29, 2017