Ryu. We all know him, and we’ve all played one of his games. He is not only the poster boy for Capcom, and its cross-over games, he is in a way a symbol of all fighting games. Originally hailing from the Capcom-made Street Fighter series dating back to 1987, Ryu has since gone on to appear in a staggering amount of cross-company games. This has inevitably lead him to tangle with some of the best and biggest fictional characters the world has ever known.
Ryu has made appearances many times outside of the Street Fighter series, so he’s probably exchanged blows with the highest amount of different types of popular characters – Masahiro Sakurai.
In a similar fashion to a previous article that I worked on, the Extended Mario Universe, this article’s goal is to outline every character who Ryu has ever tangled with on his quest to become the greatest fighter who ever lived.
– Duplicate characters were not counted, for example Evil Ryu, or Dr. Mario were not counted.
– Card/Mahjong games were not counted either.
– Green box outline denotes an Assist character in their home game.
You can find the full list of names below:
Be sure to follow SourceGaming and my personal account on twitter. If you enjoy Ryu as a character, see if he made the cut in our Marvel vs. Capcom 4 article. Be sure to sound off in the comments below about who you would love to see Ryu fight next!
Latest posts by TheAnvil (see all)
- 5 Things: Mario Kart 9 - March 9, 2017
- Dream Roster: Microsoft Smash-Up - March 7, 2017
- SG Choice: What Character Should be Added to Hyrule Warriors? - February 25, 2017