Yes, you did read that right. This ‘Dream Roster’ article will be taking a look at Kellogg’s vs. Capcom! Before we take that first bite into our new roster today, make sure you look at past Dream Roster articles, including Konami, Marvel vs. Capcom 4, Nintendo Kart and Fire Emblem Warriors!
You may be wondering where on earth this idea came from, but before you have me committed just let me explain. As random as this seems, this idea did NOT originate with me. In fact it was popular enough among Marvel vs. Capcom fans for Seth Killian, then community manager of Capcom to acknowledge it in 2011 interview as a game he would like to be a part of!
So why not? Kellogg’s is a pretty beloved brand with some memorable (and some forgotten) mascots. Ones that would translate perfectly into a vs. style fighting game!
Characters were selected based on a few guidelines:
– Would they translate into a fighting game?
– Popularity of brand.
– Capcom characters were chosen based on tone, style and themed similarities with Kellogg’s characters.
So without further adieu, here we have it:
The idea itself uses a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom formula of 2 vs. 2 gameplay, with a total roster of 32 characters. For the character select screen layout, I aimed for simplicity as I felt it meshed best with the concept of a cereal box.
If you want a character breakdown, you can find it here:
Latest posts by TheAnvil (see all)
- SG Choice: What Character Should be Added to Hyrule Warriors? - February 25, 2017
- Dream Roster: Nintendo vs. Capcom - January 29, 2017
- SG Choice: Most Wanted Switch Game - January 10, 2017