I never said “Luigi won’t appear,” not even once.
Rather than simply announcing Luigi as a starting member, we thought it would be fun for everyone to spend the pre-release this way.
More than that, I wanted him to be hidden at the beginning.
For those who have never played as Luigi in Smash, he may look like he’s nothing more than Mario with a different color, but his characteristics have changed a lot this time.
Even in the last game, there were people who preferred Mario or Luigi. This time, they’ve changed even more, so the two of them can’t really be seen as the same anymore.
Luigi in particular was given lots of strengths and weaknesses in terms of ability.
In terms of personality… well, see for yourself.
By the way, since we knew next to nothing about Luigi’s Mansion during development, the vacuum cleaner (Poltergust) doesn’t show up as a move.
On the topic of hidden characters, I’ll post his unlock criteria as well.
In stage 1-1 in Adventure mode, reach the goal with a 2 in the last digit in the seconds part of the timer, then defeat Luigi in one minute and finish the rest of the mode.
Alternatively, play 800 matches in basic Melee or Special Melee.
The unlock criteria are quite unusual, but we don’t have many unusual characters like this, so rest assured.
(Images taken during development)
1. Luigi’s entrance is a must-see!
2. Super Jump Punch is still here. It’s more powerful when used on the ground.
3. Fireballs are shot by snapping his fingers. Like before, they have a straight trajectory.
4. Luigi’s Side Smash, Trowel Stab. There are other moves that are different from Mario’s.
5. Green Missile. H-how can he fly like that?
6. Taunt. Could this be a meteor smash, perchance?
|Side Special:||Green Missile|
|Up Special:||Super Jump Punch|
|Down Special:||Luigi cyclone|