With the NX unveiling coming sooner than later, we thought it’d be interesting to have a discussion on rumor reporting itself. Joining PushDustIn and Nantendo will be gaming journalists Liam Robertson and Daan Koopman. Liam Robertson has been in the spotlight numerous times as he has broken several rumors over the past few years. Robertson has contributed to NintendoLife, Unseen64 and other publications often detailing intimate details behind the development of video games. Daan Koopman is a prolific Nintendo-centric journalist who has contributed to several sites and has covered rumors for several years. He is a regular contributor to GoNintendo, Nintendo World Report, Nintendo Force and more.
- Where do rumors come from? How do we fact check rumors before reporting on them?
- Why do people tell behind the scenes information to journalists?
- What are some difficulties that one may face in regards to rumor reporting?
- Metroid and MercurySteam
- What NX rumors are believable?
- Questions from YOU!
Straight from the Source: Liam Robertson by Liam Robertson, PushDustIn
Unseen64 — Marvel’s Cancelled Daredevil Game by Liam Robertson
Why Sites Shouldn’t Report Every Rumor by PushDustIn
Approach to Handling Rumors and Leaks by PushDustIn
Tracker_TD Discusses: Sonic Rumors by Tracker_TD
Exclusive: MercurySteam Has Been Working On A Metroid Prototype For Wii U And 3DS by Liam Robertson
Castlevania Dev MercurySteam Denies It Ever Pitched A New Metroid To Nintendo by Damien McFerran
“We got caught in a s***storm” by Wesley Yin-Poole
Please submit questions either by leaving a comment below, or by using the #SCQA on Twitter within 24 hours of this post. Questions submitted after the 24 hour mark will not be considered…as will be recording!
Mains: Yoshi (64), Game and Watch (Melee), Wario (Brawl), Wario/Pac-Man (Smash for 3DS/Wii U)
Latest posts by PushDustIn (see all)
- Straight from the Source: Inti Creates (Azure Striker Gunvolt) - October 21, 2017
- Straight from the Source: Rain Games - October 19, 2017
- The Indie Gold Rush on the Switch [Discussion] - October 12, 2017