Hello! We are working very hard on translating the Melee website. We decided to ramp up our translation focus on the character introduction pages in order to give everyone a better picture of Melee, and its’ character. Special thanks to soma for providing assistance with this translation.
All comments were originally written by Sakurai himself. You can see Sakurai’s individual picture comments by hovering your mouse over the image. Originally pictures were given their own page, but for the sake of brevity I combined them. [TN] stands for translator notes. The original page can be accessed here.
Updated October 2nd, 2001
This is an action game featuring Peach, so it’s going to have a lot of references to Super Mario Bros. 2 (Mario Advance is also a possibility), but she’s not very princess-like in that game, so it’s really funny.
For example, her glide.
Do princess normally float in the air?
Another example is her turnip pull[TN1].
It’s a vegetable! A vegatable!
Vegetable are being pulled from blocks, and rocks!
Anyway, with “Peach Parasol” and her glide, depending on the situation she might have the best recovery.
Overall, I think I she stands out too much [TN2].
(Images taken during development)
1.A photo with Mario and Bowser.
2. Her Float! One of the strongest moves in Smash.
3. Peach Bomber! An explosive hip attack.
4. Her Smash attack pulls out a racket.
5. She can also pull out a golf club or a fry pan. Turnip pull. It can be thrown as an item.
6. Toad. It’s okay, because she’s a princess.
|Side Special:||Peach Bomber|
|Up Special:||Peach Parasol|
[TN1] The move name is actually Vegetable in English (Literally pulling vegetables). Here, I localized to it as a turnip pull in order to emphasize the next part of it.
[TN2] This is Sakurai being humble.
Mains: Yoshi (64), Game and Watch (Melee), Wario (Brawl), Wario/Pac-Man (Smash for 3DS/Wii U)
Latest posts by PushDustIn (see all)
- Straight from the Source: DANGEN Entertainment - May 27, 2017
- Straight from the Source: Goichi Suda (No More Heroes) - May 26, 2017
- Straight from the Source: Cyrille Imbert, DotEmu (Wonder Boy, Switch) - May 25, 2017